Intertextual Connections


Separation 40



I had the pleasure of catching Separation 40 with Charity, Colin, Jon & Tjin last night. I think we all enjoyed ourselves. I sure did, manage to take down a few mental notes on the play itself. Overall, it was a good performance though there were some parts that missed me. I could go into detail with regards to the play but i'll leave with something that struck me that night. After the play, we (well, mainly Charity and I) dived for the samosas! They rock! Hehe....I think we had like 5 each, whilst Colin had 1 :( haha. Itulah...local performing artist mingling with the crowd. I didn't go without the nice orange juice as well, fresh with pulp; not the yucky cordial type. Yeah! =)

Well, Colin was still basically chatting with other people, well it happens when you're popular..haha, Charity and I went to walk around and looked at the write ups of Separation 40. There was one bit that struck me, the bit where Chua EnLai commented about Krishen Jit. I can't remember word for word but the message got across.

"Krishen has taught me that as a performer, a lay man can only do it once but an actor can do it over again and again every other night" - comment on repeatability.

Great stuff, shall take this note and apply it to myself too. And Colin made another point, well being in Melbourne for 4 years does run the laidback lifestyle on you, slow on my feet. May I not drag my feet while performing.

On a flipside, my recent music favourites has been Casting Crowns and Dishwalla!

1 Responses to “Separation 40”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow,SW, your renewed faith and trust in God overwhelms me yet encourages me at the same time. Firstly, your struggle to live for Him has always been in parallel to my spurts of new commitment and then falling back into secularity, especially during the holidays, but I think I'm really on stable ground now- He has become my focus and underlying purpose in everything I do, and the secret is in serving others, you serve God and get blessed by Him in return- which is what you've found too with your wonderful skit Runaway Bride (I heard it was really powerful-from my family who did see it without any encouragement fr me). And so, I really take comfort that you've found this secret joy that bubbles and flows over like the living waters promised to us, know that our faith unites us and we shall persevere in our daily strivings together through this intermittent online friendship. :)dtb  

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.